28 July 2017 10:01:56 PDT (GMT -7)

Tucson MTB: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Phederico
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all. Stock saddle on my bike is ridiculously uncomfortable and I truly don't see myself riding too far, let alone on anything technical and or harsh with this saddle.

Can you guys give me a your input on what saddle you feel would be a good combination of comfort and stability for both casual and technical riding? Thanks in advance!!

Phederico
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

27 views and not a single recommendation? Gonna have to wing it then!

Will-LeeWonka
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I find most of the WTB saddles to be a generic good fit, but each person is different.

BTW, you might get better results by posting questions like this in the other sections to get people to view these threads...like Shopping and Research when asking about products...or even in Chats and Banters.

This section "Website' is typically used to discuss actual forum/website issues.

bigworm
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Saddles I hae found are sooooo specific to a individual its hard to recommend. On that note I have been riding the Fizik Aliante on every single bike I own for 6 or more years. I refuse to ride anything else. For me tits the greatest thing my ass has seen since I bought it that thong.

As for you its crazy hard to say but I can offer some advice. Dont buy a new saddle. Buy used ones on Ebay. I dont remember the last time I paid full price for a saddle. They tend to be way way cheaper used and if you dont like it you are out way less. Maybe find a base saddle like a cheap WTB and go from there they seem to pretty popular. I personally hate WTB saddles. They just dont fit me right. It usually pretty easy to find the width and other stats on a saddle and so if it feels to narrow find the width and then start go wider or so on.

Also like Will said try and find a more specific area for your topic and you will probably get more hits. A lot of people dont wander into certain areas when they see there is a new post especially this one since it seems to be a place to just post questions to the forum masters.

https://www.facebook.com/TucsonTORCA

And look at my pics http://pedalpics.blogspot.com/ 
Phederico
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Will-LeeWonka wrote:
I find most of the WTB saddles to be a generic good fit, but each person is different.

BTW, you might get better results by posting questions like this in the other sections to get people to view these threads...like Shopping and Research when asking about products...or even in Chats and Banters.

This section "Website' is typically used to discuss actual forum/website issues.

Thank you Will, I appreciate the insight, and yeah I got to wondering if this posting was the right place. I really appreciate it!

Phederico
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

bigworm wrote:
Saddles I hae found are sooooo specific to a individual its hard to recommend. On that note I have been riding the Fizik Aliante on every single bike I own for 6 or more years. I refuse to ride anything else. For me tits the greatest thing my ass has seen since I bought it that thong.

Haha, yeah buddy! Make sure you don't wear that bad boy backwards! Might scar the kids at the pool! :-D (the thong, not the saddle...)

bigworm wrote:
As for you its crazy hard to say but I can offer some advice. Dont buy a new saddle. Buy used ones on Ebay. I dont remember the last time I paid full price for a saddle. They tend to be way way cheaper used and if you dont like it you are out way less. Maybe find a base saddle like a cheap WTB and go from there they seem to pretty popular. I personally hate WTB saddles. They just dont fit me right. It usually pretty easy to find the width and other stats on a saddle and so if it feels to narrow find the width and then start go wider or so on.

Good thinking, I'll probably follow this advice!

forsherl
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

I used to buy windsail bike carbon saddle from their online shop,maybe you can go and have a look.

wittyusername
Jr. Writer
Jr. Writer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/reviews/saddles-seat-posts/essax-shark-saddle

This works really well

envy
Expert Writer
Expert Writer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

I always ride bare back

Avistar
Advanced Writer
Advanced Writer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Small saddles always hurt my bum, the best on I found so far Is MTB pure v, comfy so are the fizik but mine was to grippy like neopream, and ripped my shorts at 1 point.

Advanced Writer
Advanced Writer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

envy wrote:
I always ride bare back
This is what iv'e been hearing about you.

Jr. Writer
Jr. Writer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

why does forsherl's post look like something out of a steam-punk gynecologists office?

rockerc
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

When you buy any saddle the most important issue is making sure it is the correct width for your sitz bones. Those are the 2 nubs of bone that you should be able to feel sticking thru yer buttocks as you bend forward to sit. You can actually measure these by laying out a sheet of aloominum foil on a bench or on the floor, then bending and sitting on them. Unless you're a lardass there should be a couple of indentations on the foil and you then measure the distance between them to find your ideal saddle width. I have seen better descriptions online how to do this properly. This will give you a number which you can them compare with the width measurement you will find in all saddle specs.
Personally I never did this but learned from trial and error. I use WTP Pure V Racing, which are a little wider than most. I must have a big bum... If you are riding a saddle that does not support these bones properly you will never get comfortable.

View next topic
View previous topic