18 November 2017 00:03:26 PST (GMT -8)

Tucson MTB: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Will-LeeWonka
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

This part has always confused me with threads like this...

So, let's play this out and say that everyone meets up in person to back up their internet tough talk...then what? Do y'all drink beers and shake hands? Because, what it seems is that the intent is to meet up and then bash each other's head in and there's the point that confuses me. What does any of that prove or settle? Does the winner of the fight make that person the winner of the conversation? I mean, if Rocker gets pummeled by TWD, does that now mean that TWD was right all along? Does that mean Rocker has to say TWD was right? What if Rocker says it but doesn't really mean it, then what?

I guess I just don't understand what is accomplished by bashing each other physically over a simple conversation. No matter who ends up in the hospital eating through a straw, it changes nothing about each other's point of view or opinion.

I'm sure jokes will ensue, but ultimately I'm genuine in my confusion about this type of thing. This isn't the first thread that has progressed to threats of physical violence and I'm trying to understand the end game as I just don't get it.

P.S.--I can't believe I'm even choosing to bite in this thread. I feel like the stupidest fish biting on the biggest hook. Ugh...I hate myself so much right now that I make myself sick.
Puke

rockerc
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Will, you've always been a sick puppy...
Threats of violence seem a little Neanderthal to me. This ain't the first one of these I have seen either. I really only give a fuck about the tortoises, and that is the only reason I got involved... Mind you, that rogering he mentioned sounds fun...

Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

rockerc wrote:
Will, you've always been a sick puppy...
Threats of violence seem a little Neanderthal to me. This ain't the first one of these I have seen either. I really only give a fuck about the tortoises, and that is the only reason I got involved... Mind you, that rogering he mentioned sounds fun...

Why I oughta....how dare you...you have some nerve...I bet you wouldn't say those things to my face...you'll pay for that...(insert threat, insult, claim of bravado, etc)

DeepVI
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I called him a cunt more for your sake Rocker, I thought you'd get a kick out of it. In case you weren't aware, cunt is about the worse thing to say to a person in the States. Brits let it fly with reckless abandon.

I would be getting the beating for using mean language. I'm kicking the shit out of some tortoises when I get back.

Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZa26_esLBE

Not sure if this'll work, but it seems apt... they do things different in British Columbia!

Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Like I said DVI, it's a term of endearment more often than not!
Watch out for those tortoises, they pack a punch ya know!

Expert Writer
Expert Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wonka is right that it probably does not prove one member more right or wrong to bash someones head in over a simple conversation.

But when you start telling someone they are a "cunt" and to "go fuck yourself" it no longer is a simple conversation!

Those are the kinds of words that if I say them, I fully expect the other person to try to punch me in the mouth, so I do not say those things lightly to people I do not know. And DeepVI should not expect to be able to talk like that without having to be a man, and back up his words, if he wants to take things to that kind of level.

You should not say things like that, knowing that it elevates things to a level, that you have no intention of backing up, because you feel it is fine to hide behind the keyboard. That is the actions of a punk.

You can argue your point with me all day long, and I will never resort to these kinds of insults unless I expect a fight, and am willing to step up to it. There is a big difference between disagreeing, and blatantly instilling total anger in someone. I keep my conversation civil, even when I disagree. There is a line in disagreement, and when you start acting like DeepVI, you have crossed it.

From my upbringing in a little logging town, I just can't fathom anyone spewing these kinds of personal insults, and not expecting a fight. Nobody where I came from would let you talk to them like that, without either knocking the shit out of you, or going down swinging!

rockerc
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh! Hello again 2TWD! How was it out there? Welcome back to the cesspool!

This just proves the adage, a man can drop a log in the john, but the logger's still in the man...

One thing I have learned in my life and upbringing is that there is very little point in violence, in my experience it solves little. Not sure how it was in Loggersville, but after a good scrap is anything really settled? "I beat the crap outta that bitch ass pussy so I must be right" ?!?!? That how it is? Or is it the fact that both participants can then go home with honor satisfied without worrying about what is right? I have seen a couple of occasions when you have been free with the "bitch-slap your ass" talk, so maybe you reap what you sow sometimes?
Whatever, just please don't fuck with the tortoise next time OK?

Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.facebook.com/TucsonTORCA

And look at my pics http://pedalpics.blogspot.com/ 
twowheelsdown2002
Expert Writer
Expert Writer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

rockerc wrote:
Oh! Hello again 2TWD! How was it out there? Welcome back to the cesspool!

This just proves the adage, a man can drop a log in the john, but the logger's still in the man...

One thing I have learned in my life and upbringing is that there is very little point in violence, in my experience it solves little. Not sure how it was in Loggersville, but after a good scrap is anything really settled? "I beat the crap outta that bitch ass pussy so I must be right" ?!?!? That how it is? Or is it the fact that both participants can then go home with honor satisfied without worrying about what is right? I have seen a couple of occasions when you have been free with the "bitch-slap your ass" talk, so maybe you reap what you sow sometimes?
Whatever, just please don't fuck with the tortoise next time OK?
It's partly about honor, but partly about mutual respect in the first place. In other words you don't mouth off without thinking about it.

If you have no consequence of mouthing off, then you are apt to do it on multiple occasions. So it is partly a form of deterrence.

It is a bit like "Mutually Assured Destruction" where neither side wants to get bombed off the earth. If you know you may have to throw down when you mouth off, then you are less likely to do so. So, while we may be more apt to throw down where I grew up, we don't end up having to do it all that much. People actually mouth off less there.

And as for your saying "It's a term of endearment". Well, among my friends, we say lots of shit we would not say to someone that is not a friend.

And I can also tell you with near 100% certainty, that had I been the one to spout that bullshit to someone on this forum, there would have been all kinds of people on here saying "WTF? That's uncalled for!" or "That is out of line". And you know damn well that's true!

But what is tolerated from someone outside of the little clique here, is a lot different to what is tolerated from one of it's members. And this isn't the first time I have seen this. And the fact that you are still chiding me, and nothing negative to the one who actually did step over the line, is absolute evidence of that.

View next topic
View previous topic