19 September 2017 04:30:24 PDT (GMT -7)

Tucson MTB: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
swampfox
Expert Writer
Expert Writer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

" You mean the chastity belt thread or the Nike underwear Max?!? "...... Enough with the trick questions, you bastard! I don't have to answer that....I have a lawyer.

To be honest, since my last concussion, all of these subjects sort of just run together in my mind....mountain lions, serpent handling, lobotomizing Javelinas, wheel grabbers, dirt roadies....I'm getting sleepy now...

rockerc
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've pretty much run the gamut of all them Max... except the last Javelinas I met tried to lobotomize me!

Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

The freaky-deaky Dutchman and his minions had their tools taken away. Very Happy Although this minion is coming back to Tucson, so who knows what's on the lobotomy list now.

Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings. I am relatively new to the forum but have been riding the Tucson area for 20+ years. I had an unforgettable experience with a mountain lion on the upper loop of the 50 trail several years ago. I was riding solo, mid day in the fall. I was climbing one of the granite faces and was concentrating on my line. I heard a noise in the bushes, looked up and there was a mountain lion. He was around 30 feet from me standing there just looking at me. I started making a lot of noise but he just cocked his head and continued to just look at me. So what I did was get off my bike, pick it up over my head and kept making noise (my attempt at getting "big"). That seemed to do the trick and he turned and ran off. I know it was years ago, but I thought I would share.

rockerc
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am pretty sure I saw one up that way about 4 years ago myself. I stopped to rest at the top of Upper 50 climb, where the trail splits, and as I took a drink I saw what I am almost positive was a lion across from me under a large rock overhang. He was just laying there, but after a few minutes he got up and walked away around the back of the rock. I am 99% sure it was a lion, I have seen a lot of bobcats, and they don't have long tails like this guy had. He was a lot further than 30' away from me tho... I may have been looking for new underwear if I had had to be that close.

View next topic
View previous topic