It's too hard! My wookie hurts!
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

bigworm
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the other problem that is happening when the county doesn't listen to mountain bikers. They turn us into the bad guys. The techy trails are going to be built one way or another. Its either with the counties help or its without. They are missing the boat of progression in mountain biking and without proper pressure from the mtb community won't care that they do until its way to late. So what happens is mountain bikers see this and say f-it and go out and build the stuff anyway. Sedona is a perfect example of this. No one was accommodating what needed to be built there so the users took it into their own hands and now the building is totally out of control. The county has the chance to keep that from happening here with some simple open mindedness and either are choosing to ignore that or not having the proper pressure applied to make them realize that. So mountain bikers are left with two options sit by and hope the local advoc group makes their voices heard or they just go out and build what needs to get built. We have a huge voice right now and IMO we don't have to settle for what the county is offering.

To Nathan the yetman wash reroute is not a better experience. The new trail is ok but there is nothing challenging, unique, or fun about it. Its just another copy and paste county trail. Mountain bikers like Patrick and myself are upset not becuuse we are losing old trails but because we are not being equally compensated for what they are taking away. If I wanted to go ride Sweetwater trails I would go ride Sweetwater not Starr Pass. The county is diluting the water with its boring run of the mill cookie cutter trails. I am with those people that Evan mentioned and would actually prefer not to see new trails built if all we are gonna keep seeing is old fun trails we love taken away for new snore worthy stuff. There is already plenty of miles of that stuff to go around and for some of it its fine its trail that is needed for some places but it should not be 100% of what is being built.

https://www.facebook.com/TucsonTORCA

And look at my pics http://pedalpics.blogspot.com/ 
bigworm
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Also was at AZ Cyclist two days ago and the Whoops where brought up by them. Not a single one of them was happy so Patrick add 10 more votes to keep the Whoops onto your poll.

https://www.facebook.com/TucsonTORCA

And look at my pics http://pedalpics.blogspot.com/ 
muddafukkaJones
Training Wheels
Training Wheels

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Look out! Nathan's comin through with his hollier than thou attitude. Never see him at any of the trail days. Talk about "counter productive". Oh wait, thats not true. He does shotty trail work and sanitizes trails he cant ride. WTF ever! Can we get some more Flint turns please??

nathan
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Listen, I like all you guys...

Millie shuttle tomorrow?

View next topic
View previous topic